Enter your keyword

Motor Fleet Insurance

Motor Fleet Insurance:

Fleet Insurance is insurance coverage that a company buys to cover all of its vehicles. It can be a large number of vehicles, or it can be a small number (six or less is a mini fleet). This commercial type of automotive insurance covers cars as well as trucks and vans (and any other type of motor vehicle where a license is required). Fleet insurance offers different options and costs for coverage, so it pays to shop around when deciding to obtain coverage.

Liability insurance pays for damage and injuries you cause others in accidents. All vehicle insurances requires minimum amounts of liability coverage. Bodily injury liability pays the medical expenses of others who are injured; property damage liability pays to repair or replace their cars or other damaged property.
The amount of liability coverage is usually expressed as three numbers, such as 100/300/50. Here’s how to translate that:
Your car insurance will pay up to the limits on the policy. You’re on the hook for expenses that exceed those limits.

Liability insurance pays out to other people. For your own medical costs, you might consider personal injury protection (PIP) or medical payments these pay any medical bills you or your passengers may incur if you’re injured in an accident. They can also pay for funeral costs. PIP can also cover lost wages and the cost to replace services normally performed by the injured person.

Even though motor insurance require minimum liability insurance there are a lot of uninsured drivers on the road. You could try to sue them if they crash into you, but they might not have the money to pay you. In that case, uninsured motorist (UM) coverage might come in handy. It pays your medical expenses if you’re injured in an accident caused by a driver who is uninsured.
There’s another closely related coverage type: Underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage pays out if the other driver doesn’t have enough liability insurance to pay all your medical expenses. The coverage kicks in once the costs exceed the other driver’s liability limits.
Another type of coverage, uninsured motorist property damage (UMPD), pays to repair or replace your car if an uninsured driver wrecks your vehicle. UMPD isn’t available everywhere.

While liability insurance pays to fix others’ cars, collision and comprehensive insurance pays to fix your car or reimburse you for its current value if it’s damaged beyond repair. Collision and comprehensive is not mandatory, however, leasing companies, banks and financing company might need the coverages since they have insurable interest on the vehicles.

  • Collision insurance pays out if your car crashes into an object or another car or if it flips over.
  • Comprehensive insurance pays out if your car is stolen, or damaged by anything other than car accidents. That includes damage from storms, floods, falling objects, explosions, earthquakes, vandalism or contact with an animal, such as hitting a deer.

Collision and comprehensive are usually sold together and include a deductible, which is how much of the insurance claim you’ll have to pay before your insurance pays. The higher the deductible you choose, the lower the premium for collision and comprehensive coverage.

If you’re leasing a car, the leasing company might also require you to carry “gap” insurance. If your leased car is damaged beyond repair, gap insurance pays the difference between the claim check for the car’s value and the amount you owe on the lease. Usually the car dealer will provide gap insurance, and the cost will be included as part of the lease.
You can also buy gap coverage if you have a car loan. This protects you in case your car is totaled and you owe more on the loan than the insurance company pays out. You’ll need to talk to a car insurance agent or company representative to buy a gap insurance policy.

You can choose from a variety of extra perks, which usually don’t cost much to add to a policy, but can come in handy in an emergency. You’ll need to buy collision and comprehensive to be eligible to purchase most extras, such as:

  • Rental reimbursement, which pays for a rental car if your car is in the shop following a covered collision or comprehensive claim.
  • Roadside assistance or towing insurance, which provides help if you need a battery jump, flat tire changed or tow to a repair shop after a mechanical breakdown.
  • Full glass coverage, which pays to repair or replace chipped or broken window glass, without a deductible.